The Rolling Stones have announced the first dates for their 50 and Countingtour. The first show will be in Los Angeles in early May, but has not been exactly scheduled because of NBA and NHL playoff games. Guitarist Mick Taylor, Ronnie Wood's predecessor in the group, will be a special guest on the entire tour.
- TBA - Los Angeles Staples Center - ticket sales TBA
- May 5 - Oakland Oracle Arena - On sale April 8 @ 10AM PST
- May 8 - San Jose HP Pavilion - On sale April 8 @ 10AM PST
- May 11 - Las Vegas MGM Grand Garden Arena - TBA
- May 15 - Anaheim Honda Center - TBA
- May 25 - Toronto Air Canada Centre - On sale April 8 @ 10AM EST
- May 28 - Chicago United Center - On sale April 8 @ 10AM CST
- June 12 - Boston TD Garden - TBA
- June 18 - Philadelphia Wells Fargo Center - TBA
The band will also play the Glastonbury festival in England on June 29th and London’s Hyde Park on July 6th.
“50 and Counting has been pretty amazing so far,” said Mick Jagger in a press release. “We did a few shows in London and New York last year and had such a good time that we thought let’s do some more. It’s a good show. Lots of the classic stuff everyone wants to hear with a few little gems tucked in here and there. The stage is shaped like lips and goes off into the venue so I get to run around in the crowd. It’s great fun to be able to get that close to the audience."
He also said, "From day one at rehearsals it sounded so fresh. You could tell that everybody was dying to get their teeth into it. It was like…open the gates…let us out!” said Richards. “Cause man, it is the life and blood of us to play in front of people.”
Tour details and ticket information are available at www.rollingstones.com